Fathers Day Inspirational Quotes By Great Persons

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.

When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.

I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.

You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You're her oracle. You're her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you're in a constant state of panic.

There must always be a struggle between a father and son, while one aims at power and the other at independence.

My son, a perfect little boy of five years and three months, had ended his earthly life. You can never sympathize with me; you can never know how much of me such a young child can take away. A few weeks ago I accounted myself a very rich man, and now the poorest of all.

Fathers Day Quote by: Ralph Waldo Emerson, on the death of his son

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.

"When a child is born, a father is born. A mother is born, too of course, but at least for her it's a gradual process. Body and soul, she has nine months to get used to what's happening. She becomes what's happening. But for even the best-prepared father, it happens all at once. On the other side of a plate-glass window, a nurse is holding up something roughly the size of a loaf of bread for him to see for the first time.

I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work fifteen and sixteen hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example.

My father was a statesman, I'm a political woman.

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.

Henry James once defined life as that predicament which precedes death, and certainly nobody owes you a debt of honor or gratitude for getting him into that predicament. But a child does owe his father a debt, if Dad, having gotten him into this peck of trouble, takes off his coat and buckles down to the job of showing his son how best to crash through it.

A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.

A father carries pictures where his money used to be.

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.

Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.

It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment